Tuesday, August 16, 2016

9ice, Ruggedman & Toni Payne: THE TRUTH

Once upon a time, controversial rapper and clothing line owner, Ruggedman and 9ice were very close friends. In fact, some people started to know about 9ice when the rapper featured him in one of his songs back then entitled ‘Ruggeddy Baba.’ But that is ancient history as today, the two don’t see eye to eye. When 9ice released his controversial single, ‘Once Bitten’, tongues wagged and the rumour mill claimed 9ice sang about his marriage in the song. Many were quick to say 9ice was referring to Ruggedman as the man he said he caught sleeping with his lover. What made the issue to look credible was that it was almost after the release of the controversial song that 9ice ended his marriage with Toni Payne. Though some of 9ice’s friends were expecting him to speak with the media that he was not referring to Ruggedman and Toni Payne in the song, but this did not quickly come, which made some of them to conclude that 9ice was happy with the controversies surrounding the song, which was boosting its rating on the charts then. Speaking on a TVC programme, ‘Entertainment Splash’, Nigeriafilms reports that 9ice explained that he is yet to forgive Ruggedman. According to him, he cannot forgive the rapper because what caused the ‘malice’ between them was yet to be settled. He said, “I can’t forgive Ruggedman if he does not apologise to me.” When asked the offence the rapper committed, the singer, who is now a Special Assistant to the Oyo State governor, Abiola Ajimobi, said, “He interfered in another man’s matter.” He further revealed that, “Ruggedman did not sleep with Toni Payne, he dares not do that,” saying in Yoruba language that ‘Iyawo ole ni won ma ngba’, which loosely means ‘it is only a lazy man’s wife that can be snatched.’ Hmm, so which matter the Ruggedman allegedly interfere in that is making it so difficult for 9ice to bury the hatchet?‎ On the other hand... Beef With 9Ice Is History Already – Ruggedman ‎ Ruggedman during a twitter chat today, Friday October 23rd,2015, with a twitter user with the username: @DinkyCC, said he has settled his own end of the beef years ago when the user asked him if he still had unsettled issues 9ice. Check out his tweet below: I settled my end of it years ago. — The blessed one (@RuggedyBaba) October 23, 2015 Ruggedy was also said during the twitter interview that he has no immediate plans or intention to go into politics but didn’t rule out the possibility of later becoming a politician. See his tweet below: I am not politically minded but then again “never say never. Ndi Abia kaa nu o!! — The blessed one (@RuggedyBaba) October 23, 2015‎ ‎ HOWEVER..... 9ICE. Clears The Air On The Allegation That His ex-wife Cheated On Him With Ruggedman ‎ This became necessary after his ex-wife, Tony Payne, was trolled on Twitter some days back, for siding with Iceprince in his girlfriend’s cheating brouhaha. Statement from 9ICE regarding Toni Payne and Once Bitten Twice Shy. It has come to my attention that some people were up to some mischief harassing Toni Payne regarding an evil rumor that was spread years ago. I would like to use this opportunity to state categorically that the song Once Bitten Twice shy was not and can never be about Toni Payne. I have NEVER accused her or told anybody that she cheated on me because she DID NOT. It did not happen and it was never an issue. Let me be very clear. Toni Payne NEVER cheated on me. Some marriages do not work for different reasons. Unfortunately I released my album at a very delicate time in our relationship and a song from the album was taken the wrong way and things were blown out of proportion due to my silence. I have apologized to her in person and she has accepted my apology. I have moved on to a fresh start and she has moved on too. I would appreciate if the general public do the same. “I would appreciate if people refrain from insulting her for something she is not guilty of” Once again, the song Once Bitten Twice Shy was NEVER about TONI PAYNE. It was just a song. I wish I had come out sooner but I cannot change the past, I can only try and make amends for the future. It is a new dawn for us all and I hope this closes the topic permanently. If it does not, maybe it is best I release a song clarifying this issue for the 100th time because what started all this was a song and all my effort to clear that air via interviews have been futile. I assure you, I will stop at nothing to make sure this evil rumor is put to sleep once and for all. Again It was never my intention to cause her pain. My apologies to everyone who was affected. God Bless! RUGGEDMAN REPLIES:‎ In the open letter Ruggedman said 9ice’s apology came late but he still accepts it nonetheless. You can read his open letter below; “In 2010 9ice released a song that made a lot of people wrongfully drag me into a terrible situation. People who misconstrued the song and it created a rumour . A terrible false rumour that was fueled by journalists and bloggers who were only after hits on their sites. Bloggers and journalists who did not care to investigate and confirm a rumour, but chose to print and post it anyways not caring who got hurt in the process.   I remember pleading my innocence and that of Toni Payne’s but social media people being who and how they are,chose not to listen. I remember calling 9ice on the phone CIA style to talk to him about it and he was clearly heard admitting the song was not about myself or Toni Payne, but social media people being who and how they are, chose not to listen. I remember asking 9ice to publicly clear the air on the terrible rumour, but was shocked when my friend said he would not because he was busy and didn’t have time for such. Again nobody wondered why. Fast forward 2016. Six years later and I was surprised when I heard that 9ice has finally come out to say I never slept with his wife and the song was not about me and even apologised on top. That he has finally come out to say the truth about the issue that cast a negative shadow over my head and that of his ex wife for six years. Read: Ruggedman said he ended beef with 9ice years ago All I can do is smile because I know me better than anybody out there who insulted me over the matter. I said it then and i say it now, Michael Ugochukwu Stephens will never sleep with his friends wife. Families and husbands you can now relax. Your daughters and wives are safe around me hahahahaha!! To 9ice, bro you left it a bit too late. You had your chance to clear this matter up 6 years ago when it really mattered but you did not take it. I do not know why and exactly what it was that made you keep quiet all that while. I did my best to clear my name without you and moved have moved on since. Anyways I accept your apology and thank God we are all alive. To bloggers and journalists: You will be who and how you are,but the best and most successful ones amongst you will be the ones who actually get professional about with their work and try to investigate stories before putting it out there. I really hope you all realise its not all about the hits. Do not lose your humanity all because you want to be the first to break news. On a lighter note,if you want to break news,kindly break the news that my new song ft Olamide titled Seyi Shay will drop on cloud 9music and mtn plus tomorrow 5th February 2016. I wish you all the best and I appreciate everybody who has been there for me. God bless us all.“ Last month 9ice released a statement saying that his ex-wife Toni Payne never had sex with Ruggedman when they were married. He also apologized to Ruggedman. In 2010 9ice released a song titled ‘Once Bitten, Twice Shy‘ off his Tradition album. In the track he sings about a lover of his who cheated on him with his friend. Many people believed 9ice was singing about Toni Payne and Ruggedman. TONI PAYNE'S RESPONSE ‎ During the week ex-wife of singer, 9ice, Toni Payne, made a public announcement that she has forgiven her ex husband whom she has a son for after six years. Many were surprise at this development and had waited to see the singer’s reaction to the new development and indeed, the singer was happy about it. He recently told Punch that he was happy that Toni had forgiven him. 9ice stated that all along when they were not together that they still talk but the public never got to know which is why they keep peddling rumours about. He said, “I saw the write-up my ex-wife posted on the internet where she wrote that she has forgiven me after six years. It is a very good development and I am happy she had forgiven me after all these years. Contrary to public opinion we have been friends all these while. The most important thing is that even when things are not working or they are not the way they should seem with a person, you should endeavour to remain friends with the person. That is very important. We are friends and we remain friends.”‎ I'm happy all the parties are back together...I put thus pieces all up to show that nobody is perfect. Yes God bless 9ice God bless Toni Payne God bless Ruggedman aka Ruggedi Baba And well God bless you readers as we all see the truth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment